Senior Technical Service Manager
Alternate LocationSan Jose
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center
Cloud Infrastructure Engineering (CIE)
Senior Technical Service Manager
Engineering | Vancouver, BC: San Jose, CA
Who We Are
Within Cisco’s Security Business we are building a set of infrastructure solutions to enable our customers to create the most sophisticated security products in the market. We work in an exciting field supporting one of the strongest growth areas in the technology industry, in turn we are developing innovative cloud solutions and infrastructure engineering in a way to accelerate this growth. We operate over 60 Datacenter footprints in 20 countries, offering a mix of public and private cloud capabilities delivered across a powerful globally connected multi-terabit network. If you’re interested in working within a broad engineering environment, enjoy working with an international community, and have the skills necessary to drive the growth of our product...we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
You will work as part of the Project & Delivery Management Team within the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) group, you will be part of a global team that manages and coordinates the scale of Cloud Security services. You will be responsible for leading our stakeholder engagements and to provide end to end coordination and visibility of our programs and projects. You will support our customers by building a concise set of requirements, and driving decision making to achieve desired outcomes. We are looking for individuals with a strong preference for stakeholder management and ability to work with autonomy, a willingness to work hard and the perseverance to make things happen.
Key Responsibilities include
- End to end responsibility for service delivery of new and existing products, supporting the capacity, growth and service readiness of our SaaS security products;
- Working as a key contact point for customer and stakeholder engagements into the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering function;
- Regular reporting and presenting of status reports to service owners and executive stakeholders of key business commits;
- Work across our partner base to help translate requirements into achievable delivery plans, liaise and consult across technical teams to achieve desired outcomes;
- Drive and influence decision making at all levels to ensure continuous delivery and support to our Product Management (PM) and Product Engineering (PE) groups
- Manage client and partner communications in respect of our portfolio;
- Drive continuous improvement towards delivery excellence (e.g. evaluate results against metrics; recommend or implement changes to improve delivery practices/processes).
You will have spent considerable time working to support the delivery of technical engineering solutions, possibly with a direct engineering background. You will be comfortable connecting with stakeholders and customers, building requirements and driving decisions that are in the business interest. You will be a natural relationship builder able to influence and affect change without authority
- You have a genuine interest in Cloud Technologies and underpinning architectures;
- You will have spent time as a Technical Project Manager in the past with a strong focus on compute and networking layers
- You will have been used to building service delivery roadmaps, and dealing with change and prioritisation as the business dictates;
- Very comfortable working and presenting at executive and director level;
- You possess excellent communication skills and used to presenting data verbally and in reports;
- A solid understanding of large scale infrastructure operations;
- At least 5+ yrs service management / account management experience (technical role);
- At least 5+ years project management experience.
- Past experience in Service, Program and Project Management;
- Experience in planning and coordination of diverse groups;
- Experience of customer relationship engagement and management;
- Experience in varying project management methodologies;
- Excellent verbal and written communication (experience of working to an exec or director level).
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!