Senior Technical Recruiter
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Senior Technical Recruiter
At Meraki, we’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full-stack teams build and maintain our web applications, which manages millions of network devices from our cloud. Our customers use the Meraki dashboard to monitor and configure critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
Cisco Meraki is looking for a highly motivated and capable senior recruiter to join our technical recruiting team. Meraki, located in San Francisco’s Mission Bay, is rapidly growing. As an experienced talent advisor, you will craft the hiring strategy behind attracting, assessing and hiring top experienced technical talent for our San Francisco, London and Sydney offices.
This role is for someone who thrives in a face-paced, growth-focused environment. You can effectively partner with our hiring managers to understand hiring needs, craft strategic interview processes and find/close high quality technical talent with little direction. You will have the freedom to experiment with new ideas and drive towards building diverse and top-tier teams.
- Develop and drive an engaging candidate experience across software engineering.
- Partner with our engineering managers to fully understand the business and set recruiting priorities.
- Build recruiting practices from scratch including structuring roles with hiring manager and team, serve as an advisor in crafting the assessment processes, and leveraging market data and expertise when overseeing new recruitment process.
- Full life cycle of recruiting efforts for experienced hires. This includes posting positions, screening, setting interview strategies, interviewing, scheduling, preparing offer letters, managing immigration processing, and initiating relocation.
- Track all recruiting activity using Meraki’s ATS holding an eye for data driven recruiting practices.
- Evaluate recruitment and operations effectiveness by routinely meeting with supported teams and establishing/maintaining metrics and reporting tools. Use data to drive decisions and frequently report recruiting success and improvement opportunities to management.
- Serve as a knowledgeable ambassador of the company at conferences, tech talks, happy hours, career fairs, and other public-facing venues. Build and maintain a strong network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, and employees.
- 7+ years of recruiting experience, with at least 3 years focusing on technical roles in-house.
- Ability to grow and manage a high quality pipeline of candidates as well as teach, coach and mentor others to be able to do the same.
- Experience building recruiting processes from scratch using industry best practices for software engineering roles in particular.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills; ability to interact with all team members and candidates with professionalism and tact; articulates ideas clearly and succinctly and deploys influence when necessary.
- Proven competence with different platforms/tools and applicant tracking systems (Greenhouse experience is a plus).
- Strong prioritization skills and exposure to building multiple recruiting processes.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.