Senior Technical Program Manager
Location:Offsite, Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Software Development, Testing, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving large scale engineering and customer facing programs, and for securing agreements/commitments by developing engineering roadmaps. You will work with several business and core technical teams to understand specific business needs, assist in the technical design of processes and technical solutions, innovate new features, and then work with engineering teams to deliver them on an aggressive schedule.
As part of program management, you will also assess risk, develop risk mitigation plans, anticipate, and resolve bottlenecks, manage issue escalation, and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus technical concerns and compliance requirements.
A successful candidate will have an established track record in customer facing, cross-functional program initiatives, have broad and deep technical knowledge, have demonstrated problem solving skills, excellent schedule/delivery management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced collaborative environment. Additionally, a successful candidate will have the ability to quickly earn trust with the teams they engage with, foster a positive program environment, and come to each discussion, deliverable, and issue with a “can do” attitude.
- Program management of large-scale complex initiatives through the software development life cycle
- Provide leadership and support for multiple engineering teams operating. Engage the engineering teams on design and development to enable delivery by needed deadlines
- Facilitate roadmap development across the multiple engineering business needs.
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes
- 10+ years of technical program management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- A strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects, hardware budgeting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders
- Track record of driving effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities – across different geographies.
- Expertise delivering projects with agile methodologies
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!