Senior Technical Program Manager (AI/ML)
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Kiev, Ukraine
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Collaboration, Video
What You'll Do
The Collaboration Technology Group transforms the connections between people and the information they need to share which is essential to better the business. We improve collaboration with technology that empowers people to engage and innovate -- anywhere, on any device.
As part of the Voicea team acquired by Cisco in 2019, you will work multi-functionally to guide program delivery and execution from initiation to launch by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development and engineering at Cisco.
- Work closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to deliver programs that improve access to adaptive intelligence.
- Manage the development and implementation process of products and services on the product roadmap.
- Create and maintain program plan with cross functional dependencies, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Execute and track program deliverables, milestones, action items, technical dependencies, risks and mitigation plans
- Deliver new products and features defined by the product management team, test their performance, and report to product team on quality status.
- Craft project status reporting and deliver executive briefings to update program stakeholders
- Understand product use case and communicate technically with engineering teams
- Work closely with engineering teams on identifying technical issues and managing plans for resolution.
- Develop strong working relationships with cross functional teams to best understand and deliver on business goals and priorities
- Work collaboratively with engineering, product, UX, etc. on groundbreaking technologies, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products. Ensure that you can communicate the direction to the Engineers and QA Analysts on the team
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet product roadmap and/or technical goals.
- Drive process improvement initiatives to enhance efficiency and productivity of engineering processes
Who You'll Work With
When you work with us, you’ll work with engineering teams, product management and user experience teams to deliver product features and requirements that demonstrate the power and value of rich adaptive intelligence experiences
Who You Are
At minimum, we expect you to have a BA/BS,
- 8+ years’ experience in Engineering and Program Management
- Phenomenal analytical and data-driven problem solving skills
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, meet deadlines, and succeed under pressure
- Engineering work experience or education
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML)
- Curiosity to understand technology
- SQL experience
- Preferred technical writing experience minimum
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.