Senior Technical Operations Manager
Location:Chonburi, Chon Buri, Thailand
Area of InterestSupply Chain
This role will cover two plants, one in Bangkok and one in Chonburi.Your responsibility will span across Manufacturing Engineering and Test Engineering operations while, focusing on building a close partnership with a multi-functional team to achieve key Quality, Reliability, Cost and functionality goals through "Design For": Manufacturability, Testability, Reliability, Automation and Cost.
- Be the primary Technical Leadership for the Thailand, including reestablishing the management of CPAK (Silicon Photonics) operations at the local level.
- Define the direction for next-generation die attach, wire bonding, hermetic packaging, and fiber optics coupling strategy
- Lead Mfg. Engineering and Test Engineering teams that support the Manufacturing sites.
- Provide dedicated product family responsibility with interface for each Product Team, and work in partnership with Manufacturing Product Manager.
- Drive Quality, site audits, and ensures manufacturing partner compliance to Cisco's quality requirements.
- Drive Lean principles to deliver efficiencies.
- Identify and analyze Product opportunities to improve cost / quality / delivery with Product Operations and the Business units.
- Ensure the manufacturing partners have a direct launch gate keeping process that provides total process readiness prior to Pilot start.
- Monitor and drive their overall capability in the region & the local technical relationship.
- Advocate for Cisco and commit to world-class operational excellence
- Drive them to deliver Quality Performance and eliminate Quality Risks at or above the set goals.
- Handle product quality, failure analysis and problem isolation/resolution in production environment.
- Provide leadership in the identification and creation of new techniques and innovations to advance the processes and tools used in the design, development and manufacturing of complex products or systems.
- Define operational requirements; designs and implements processes and systems to support operational requirements.
- Drive process optimization to improve Quality, Cost and Yield, Delivery and continuously improve product and process performance.
- Initiate reviews of ideas and technical objectives within and across business units, and share and promote "best practices”
- Identify & drive solutions in ambiguous situations
Who you'll work with:
The South East Asia Regional Operations team is responsible for in-region manufacturing operational excellence and execution of key supply chain, quality and delivery initiatives. In this position based in Thailand, you will be responsible for running a multifunctional technical group, driving technical solutions and innovations through process, people and technical leadership. Your expertise will enable the development and production of a range of complex electrical/optical systems and products, and facilitating the progress of multi-functional teams throughout the product lifecycle.
Who you are:
- You have at least 10 years of Supply Chain Operations experience in manufacturing / process / development
- Experience technical operations and factory management
- Knowledge and experience in Optical Products, software (diagnostic and operating system), product technical functionality and analysis tool/equipment, manufacturing/test process and technologies
- Engagement with Supply Chain functions and R&D Teams
- Experience with EMS, OEM and ODM suppliers
- Industry knowledge and understanding of optical transceiver manufacturing processes and test methods.
- Experience with Silicon Photonic engines and Optical transceivers cost, technology, supply chain and product design
- Optical networking, Product Design, Semiconductor design, Photonic chip design, Optical packaging, and chip packaging experience
- Technical knowledge relevant to Semiconductor technologies for DataComm, Analog & Optical transceiver markets; both technical and business related problem solving skills.
- Previous people management experiences
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills will be required to influence across many organisations, driving consistency and best practice to deliver best in breed solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to influence, interact, and present at executive level internally and externally.
- A track record driving Quality improvements and an ability to represent the "Customer" in all aspects of Quality and Reliability related to product manufacturing and test.
- Ability to operate in a global and cross-functional environment, sometimes with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to develop and execute short- and long-term strategies, with good balance between today's business results and tomorrow's potential
- Ability to build, motivate, and nurture world-class team and well-connected with global teams
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco