Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
Additional Location(s)United Kingdom, France, Germany
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Security Business Group designs, builds, and delivers market-leading security products that form the foundation of Cisco’s innovative security architecture. The Business Unit's Technical Marketing Engineering team is responsible for Security Analytics solutions. This role will primarily focus on Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud and Stealthwatch Enterprise.
The role of the Technical Marketing Engineer is to enhance products and enable sales through:
- Being the technical advocate inside the Business Unit for customers
- Evangelizing the value and utility of Cisco security technologies to customers, the field, and channel partners
- Functioning as technical advisors for future product development through field experiences
- Being solution evangelists based on existing products within the Security Analytics portfolio and extending out to complementary products within Data Center and Enterprise Networking teams.
The Technical Marketing Engineer enables the success of Cisco’s Security Analytics products with a focus on Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud and Stealthwatch Enterprise by:
- Executing the strategic plan for technical marketing consistent with the broader business strategy of the product portfolio
- Providing compelling technical collateral by synthesizing complex concepts into customer, field, and channel-centric materials
- Ensuring necessary content, training programs, and design implementations are available to the SE, CSE, and partner technical communities
- Engaging with strategic customers to better understand the environment where our products are deployed
- Participating in the development process to provide in-depth customer and technical understanding to both Engineering and the Product Managers
Who You’ll Work With
Our team has deep product knowledge and broad technical knowledge about a variety of networking environments. We clearly articulate the technical differentiators of our products interacting with customers, channel partners, and the Cisco field. We work with Product Managers and Engineering to identify customer requirements and prioritize feature development.
Who You Are
- 5+ years’ experience in technical marketing, technical sales, customer success, or engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in experience in cloud, and container frameworks, Network Automation, PaaS or SaaS technologies
- Good understanding of DevOps, Networking Technologies and SDN
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability developing and delivering technical white papers and presentations
- Willingness to travel up to 40% to support sales, training, and marketing efforts
- BA/BS in engineering/computer science or equivalent experience
- Relevant certifications such as CCNP Security, CCIE Security, or other technical certifications
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.