Senior Technical Marketing Engineer - Enterprise Segment
Location:Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Compensation Range139000 USD - 266000 USD
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Wireless, Mobility
Want to be at the forefront of the Cloud Networking industry?
Who We Are
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us forward. By simplifying powerful technology, we free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest-growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a top-tier highly motivated and hardworking Senior Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) to join the Cisco Meraki Global Enterprise Product Management team. Cisco Meraki’s cloud-based platform simplifies networking for large Enterprises, freeing them up to focus on growing their businesses by delighting their customers. You'll be a senior part of the team responsible for engaging with and helping our largest Global Enterprise customers grow with Cisco Meraki.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to exhibit your excellent technical knowledge, problem solving, communication/presentation skills, and a real passion for driving Cisco Meraki innovations in cloud networking and security technology. You will work closely with designated High Touch customers and act as their trusted advisor. You will intimately understand the problems these customers are trying to tackle and become the "Voice of the Customer" within Cisco Meraki.
As a critical member of the product team, your responsibilities include:
- Ongoing communication and meetings with designated High Touch Global Enterprise customers, covering status of day-to-day operations and planning for future initiatives;
- Preparing and communicating technical and product content to customers;
- Act as a strong advocate on behalf of our customers to internal Cisco Meraki teams (Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, etc.) to ensure we are all aligned and executing on our mission;
- Work closely with engineering teams through design, testing, and product launch;
- Lead customer engagement for beta and pilot programs; and
- Partner with leadership and sales teams to build tactical and strategic alignment between Cisco Meraki and our customers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8+ years proven relevant industry experience in a customer facing/engaged role
- Deep experience working with large scale Cisco Meraki full stack deployments that maximise their programmability using OpenAPI
- Comfortable with verbal and written communication across business and technical domains and navigating difficult situations and conversations.
- Degree in CS, EE, or a related technical field
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE routing/switching/security certifications
- Deep understanding and familiarity with networking and security technologies and associated hardware (e.g., api, routing protocols, L2 protocols, cellular technologies, wifi, security protocols, etc.)
- Previous hands-on experience supporting, selling, and/or using network and security technologies
- Strong user insight with a deep desire to understand our customers' highest priority problems
- The ability to easily communicate complicated concepts to non-technical persons
- An entrepreneurial, self-starter, can-do attitude with a strong sense of product quality
- A love for solving technical problems in creative ways
- Experience in a customer engaging engineering or technical support role
- Previous work with large enterprise accounts or Service Providers with cloud based SaaS products
- Industry Influencer
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.