Senior Technical Leader
Location:Issy Les Moulineaux, France
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
Have you ever dreamt of joining a highly skilled team to build a groundbreaking product with a start-up spirit, yet the power of the top networking company in the world? The mission of our team is to build a new generation of networking technology for the Internet using best-in-class data engineering and machine learning technologies. The size, diversity, and richness of our data are, simply unmatched. The Internet is changing fast, and we are too. The objective of this confidential product is to adopt a highly novel and ambitious approach for optimizing networks to better serve applications.
Your mission is to foster engineering and scientific excellence across the entire team. You thrive in dynamic environments that require a rare blend of innovation and speed of execution. You pride yourself on your communication and interpersonal skills, a keen eye for both aesthetic design and code and an ability to autonomously plan and organize your work assignments based on the objectives of the team.
Who You'll Work With
Our team is made of engineers with a very diverse skillset united by their passion for innovation and the excitement of turning wildly disruptive ideas into products that impact the industry at large. We are building Cisco’s next-generation technological innovation by combining machine learning and distributed computing with networking technologies.
We love designing and implementing software products that can process large amounts of data to tackle the key business problems of our customers. Our technology stack includes Python, Go, TypeScript as well as a wide range of internal tools built on top of Apache Spark, TensorFlow, PostgreSQL, and the Hadoop ecosystem.
Who You Are
You are a computer scientist at heart with a strong background in statistics and data engineering. You are passionate about designing, developing, and maintaining large-scale software systems powered by machine learning and distributed computing. You hold a M.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field and you have a strong experience in the following areas:
- 10+ years of experience in the architecture, development, testing, and maintenance of cloud-native, industrial-grade, data-intensive software systems.
- Excellent programming skills in Python. Experience with any of the following programming languages and technologies is a strong plus: Scala, Go, SQL, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, REST.
- A strong experience building cloud computing and modern software development, leveraging container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), infrastructure-as-code, serverless functions, best-in-class CI/CD practices.
- Exposure to distributed computing technologies such as Apache Spark, Apache Beam and the entire Hadoop ecosystem.
- Excellent commands of UNIX environments and scripting skills (e.g., awk, Shell) and software development tools (e.g., Git).
- Experience in agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum) and ability to promote best practices in the area of software development at large.
- A keen interest in the broader technological spectrum around machine intelligence, computing at large, and the Internet is essential to a successful tenure in our team.
- Excellent English spoken and written skills (C1 level) is a must.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.