Senior Technical Leader
Location:Galway, Connacht, Ireland
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
WHO We are:
The Cisco Collaboration Engineering team is part for the Cisco Collaboration technology organization, which is a $5 billion dollar business that is a global leader in providing Collaboration that are changing the way people communicate and work from anywhere. 95% of Fortune 500 companies use Cisco Collaboration with over 290,000 customers globally.
This is an amazing time to join our world-class team at the early stage of product development and help define, contribute and shape the future of Cisco Collaboration.
WHAT You’ll Do:
The Cisco Collaboration Engineering team is seeking a Rock Star Senior Technical Leader to aid in high-value partner integrations. As we build out the Webex platform, we’re looking for thought-leaders to deliver 10x experiences that blend the capabilities of Webex with an ever-growing list of partners. In this role, you will contribute to the design, develop, innovate and be an evangelist for Cisco Collaboration, an industry leading collaborative solution. You will work closely with partners and their product teams to build seamless experiences. While each partner will be unique, you will build out tools and infrastructure to help enable the next integration and improve experiences.
You will be front and center of a revolutionary way of defining bringing the best of Collaboration with the best of our partners!
WHO You’ll Work With:
You will be a core member of a team composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in dynamic and technically challenging environments. The team consists of a unique blend of engineers and architects from a start-up acquired by Cisco and seasoned engineers that worked with Cisco for years. Our team successfully delivered multiple enterprise grade products and are involved in stages of product life cycle from conception to prototyping and development. We are not satisfied until the customer is delighted. We work closely with partners, experiment and adapt. Where forks in the road are approached, we look to adoption data to drive decisions.
WHO You are:
· 10+ years of native application development with experience in C++
· Demonstrated ability to work in high performing teams.
· High capacity to quickly prototype a working demo.
· Professional software development experience in Java, Node.js, Express.js.
· Experience working with RESTful APIs, JSON etc.
· Experience with SQL/No-SQL database technologies – MySQL, Mongo dB, Redis, PostgreSQL, etc.
· Deep understanding of web architecture including protocols, DNS, networking, browsers, CDNs, etc.
· Proficiency with Unit/Functional test automation
· Experience with Git, Jenkins, build and deployment systems
· Good working experience in OpenStack/AWS & cloud application development and deployment
· Working knowledge of cloud technologies, devOps
· Deep understanding of secure computing practices
· Experience with distributed systems
· Strong debugging skills
· Strong collaboration skills
· You have good written and oral communication skills, are a go-getter
· Sound understanding in areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!