Senior Technical Leader VIC Firmware - UCS VIC Product Line
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
The Business Entity
The Cisco UCS VIC adapter software development team is looking for an expert software developer, to design and implement I/O solutions for the UCS product family deployments in modern virtualized data centers. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/interfaces-modules/unified-computing-system-adapters/index.html http://www.cisco.com/go/ucs
Be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into cloud computing. Champion new methodologies and create scalable software solutions that help build next generation data centers. The ideal candidate demonstrates a deep I/O technical and implementation focus. Broad knowledge of and exposure to embedded systems, sever, networking or storage systems software development are essential for success in this role.
Role & Responsibilities
Essential to the role are the capability and the will to learn, understand, implement, improve, explain, promote Cisco VIC based innovative networking and/or storage technologies. Part of the job are design and development responsibilities in at least one of the following areas:
- Firmware for high speed networking or storage adapters.
- Firmware for PCIe devices or inter-connects
- ASIC based networking features, processing offloads and SmartNIC features for UCS deployments in enterprise/provider virtualized data centers, network edge, cloud and SDN.
- Networking control and management plane protocols, including interactions with the UCS Manager and the Cisco Nexus operating system.
The role requires strong working experience in C programming. The role requires senior level working experience in at least one of the following technology areas:
- Embedded systems software/firmware development for networking/storage adapters, such as physical/MAC layer, NCSI, I2C/SMBus, BIOS/BMC interfaces, SAN/PXE/iSCSI boot
- PCIe sub-systems or inter-connects and SR-IOV
- Networking protocols, including L2 Ethernet switching and TCP/IP
- Storage protocols, such as FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, SCSI, NVMe
- Network or storage device drivers development in either Linux, Windows, ESX
- Kernel, hypervisor or virtual machine monitor development, such as Hyper-V, ESX, KVM, Xen, OVM
- High performance and/or low latency I/O, such as RDMA
- NVMe over TCP and NVMe over RoCE V2
- Programmable network accelerators / processing units
- Data center networking development, such as
- DCBX/PFC, NIV/802.1BR, QoS, L2/L3 switching, forwarding ASICs, ACL, SPAN/ERSPAN, tunneling,
- L4-L7 networking protocols or services including TCP Proxy, Load Balancers, network firewalls, network processors, NetFlow, VxLAN/NVGRE, OpenFlow, DPDK
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco. #firmware # adapters #embedded systems #networking #storage #PCI #SCSI #FCoE #FC #drivers #kernel #NVMe
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.