Sr. Technical Leader / Software Architect, Security, Talos
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationBay Area, CA, Fulton, MD, Canada
Area of InterestSecurity
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security, Software Development, Testing
Location: Ideal locations for this role are Fulton, MD, California Bay area or Vancouver Canada.
Are you interested in solving dynamic cybersecurity problems? Are you passionate about building systems to handle tons of data that is constantly growing?
Come join Cisco’s Talos Research & Intelligence organization focusing on software development and architecture as we create and innovate critical software pieces of our security backend systems by the best and brightest engineers.
The Talos Backend Software DevOps organization plays a pivotal role in providing critical security intelligence, data, and tools to both the research teams and Cisco security email, web, enterprise networking, and firewall products to protect our enterprise customers from cyberattacks.
As a Senior Technical Leader, you will be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of software applications in the security backend to both innovate and maintain these mission-critical systems from technical perspective. Project delivery requires adherence to effective delivery processes, specifically Cisco Agile. You are required to collaborate with a wide-range of cross-functional teams, both within and outside the organization to cover program management, architecture, infrastructure, deployment, and support during all phases of the software application life cycle.
You are experienced in providing technical leadership to solve business problems.
You have 10+ years of product development and delivery, with expertise in security, application programming, big data, threat intelligence data, and threat intelligence research.
- You have strong communication skills to proactively represent the team in meetings, write architectural reference documents, detailed functional and cross-functional requirements, conduct technical discussions with backend team leads, and members, present a high-level product plan to executives, and report project status to managers.
- You are passionate to provide technical leadership to make everyone around you better.
- You are passionate about winning over the bad guys.
- You look at the big-picture and are able to turn ideas into demos, demos into shippable products, and data into efficacy.
- You are comfortable with early- and late-phase software development, from concept to execution and performance optimization
- You take hands-on ownership of the backend products from top to bottom: architecture, design, development, documentation, test, deployment, and operations.
- You have the discernment to know when you need a rocket ship and when you need a bicycle, and the organizational skills to plan and deliver either one.
- You are team oriented and will enthusiastically unite diverse teams across the globe to tackle complex problems effectively.
- You can provide mentorship, motivation, and vision to senior engineers.
- Background in Content Security, in the area of cloud, email, web, and backend development.
- Previous programming skills preferred, such as Python, Scala, Golang, C/C++ would be beneficial
- Strong AWS architecture skills architecture a requirement
- Networking expertise in Big Data offering a huge plus.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban development
- At least a BS/BA in a technical field (CS/CE ideal). MS or PhD preferred
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco