Senior Technical Leader - Signal Integrity
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Signal Integrity Team is seeking Technical Leader to be part of a team driving High Speed IP development, integration, validation, and characterization for the next generation routing and switching ASIC and System Solutions.
What You'll Do
- Working directly with ASIC and system design teams to evaluate design tradeoffs and optimize design solutions
- Development and testing of calibration sequences for complex analog and digital circuits
- Development of automation tools for lab measurements
- Development of mathematical tools for data processing
- Driving Lab Measurements and Analysis using advanced tools in Matlab and/or Python
- Driving methodology development
- Mentor junior engineers
Who You Are
- MSEE/BSEE in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with related experience
- Working experience with high speed NRZ and PAM4 SerDes, PLLs, CDR and FEC
- Knowledge of the IEEE 802.3 and OIF specifications
- Strong lab skills and measurement experience are required (VNA, TDR, Real Time Scope, BERT)
- Self-motivation, collaboration, strong communication skills and out-of-the-box thinking with the strong desire to innovate
- Programming experience in Python, Matlab and C
- DSP and Communication System background is a strong plus
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, andyes, even failure (if you learn from it.)Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.