Senior Technical Documentation Writer
Area of InterestTechnical Documentation
Technology InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Cisco's Webex Contact Center team is on a mission to improve the world’s experiences. You’ll work with technologies and platforms spanning cloud, AI and machine learning, analytics, integration, connectivity, messaging and more – all to help the world’s leading global brands better engage and serve their customers. With more than 30,000 customers today, we are leading the market in developing and delivering more intelligent customer and employee experiences at cloud speed and scale.
What You’ll Do
Our Webex Contact Center Content team is searching for a senior lead technical writer who
flourishes with taking chances in a fast paced environment. We build content that makes it easier for other people to do their job, and our own collaborative products help us make it happen.
- You’ll be creating content in the form of help articles, user guides, admin guide, release notes and other materials for our Webex Contact Center solution
- Act as content lead (and writer) for multiple components in Webex Contact Center & define the doc strategies for the features assigned
- Partner with other content leads to identify upcoming feature updates.
- Act as liaison with the product team to identify and coordinate upcoming feature reviews
- Scope, identify, and author content deltas specific to these features
Who You’ll Work With
- Product Managers will help you know our customers and partners so you can deliver solutions that meet their needs and wants.
- Content Manager who will enable you to focus on doing what you love: delivering great technical content; who will also be your coach and guide on this exciting stage of your career journey.
- Engineering Manager(s) who will help with execution priorities and providing the support you need to get the tasks completed
- Technical Architects who will play a hands-on role in helping you design, develop, and operate with the standard methodologies, patterns the industry has to offer.
- User Experience Designers who will create the user experience journey mock ups for the user interface
Who You Are
Your background must include
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Communications/Journalism
- Experience as a lead writer working within a larger content team
- Proven experience of creating Content Design/Architecture based on unique needs (and challenges) of different types of users
- At least 9 years of experience as a technical writer
- Outstanding ability to write clearly and succinctly in a way that encourages
- users to want to use our product and then makes sure that they’re able to do so easily.
- Experience working in a continuous deployment and Agile environment where content needs to be updated regularly and rapidly
- Experience with creating content that is optimized for search engine
We’d also like you to have experience in some of these areas:
- Structured and reusable content using DITA, XML, or HTML 5
- Content development for both on-prem and cloud solutions
- Graphic-based content, including videos, animation, animated GIFs or high-quality static images
- UX copyediting, including desktop, mobile, and web User experience research, such as competitive analyses, direct customer feedback
- Solving customer issues using innovative approaches
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.