Senior Systems Engineering Manager - Tetration
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You’ll Do
Do you want to be a Trusted Advisor that is an advocate for your customers? You will look to develop the technical relationship with your customers every single day. Do you love technology? Then working as a Technical Solutions Architect (TSA) at Cisco is the place for you. Come be a Collaborator, a Consultant and a forward-thinker. With deep Data Center, Applications and Network infrastructure knowledge you will help customers across all segments to understand Cisco's Workload Protection solution and Security portfolio, map these to their business needs and build their network strategy. You will have a strong Data Center, SDN, Routing, Switching, Network Management, Automation Knowledge.
Who You'll Work With
In this highly visible role, you will work closely with the development teams and Cisco Development Organization (CDO) executives at an early stage to and contribute to the development of content and messaging of Cisco Tetration, ACI, and other DC software products. Bring new products to market by working with CDO and the field sales organization and directly drive new sales opportunities with aligned field sales teams plus operate as Cisco Data Center technology expert and thought leader internally and externally to Cisco
Role & Responsibilities
- Focused on Enterprise territories to drive revenue through account planning and resource planning / allocation, proactively develops and leads a team of very high-performing engineering sales managers and continually seeks innovative methods for improving team performance.
- Meet regional revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs that drive enablement and sales across the segment.
- Collaborate with key customers/partners and Sales Teams as a trusted advisor to enable sales and drive customer/partner satisfaction. * Build, manage and coach team to drive productivity and promote satisfaction globally * Work closely with Cisco's competitive marketing and technical marketing teams to determine how our competitor's strategies impact our success
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent or relevant working experience * 10+ years related technical sales industry experience * 7+ years technical sales management experience (or demonstrated leadership of technical teams within Cisco); global experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing/ leading high performing teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in Data Center and Data Center Networking as well as the Software Defined Networks SDN/ ACI industry.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.