Senior Strategy and Planning Manager
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationRemote anywhere in US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
At Cisco, we are building the world's best Customer Experience (CX) Team to accelerate the company’s transition to a recurring revenue software-centric model. The new model will be rooted in the vision of “delivering an outstanding customer experience in the industry that accelerates success for our customers and profitable growth for Cisco and our partners”.
We're looking for an outstanding Senior Manager, Strategy and Planning to help grow our CX business. This is a critical CX role in which you'll:
- Work on the long-range strategy for CX and projects that address both growth and operational objectives using organic and inorganic plays
- Lead major workstreams/projects on pivotal initiatives (individually and/or with analysts on the team)
- Develop compelling narrative and insightful strategic recommendations for our CX leadership
- Deeply understand the CX market, technology, customer, and strategic trends in our business landscape
- Systematically analyze selected markets, key players and other strategic CX themes across technologies, portfolio offers and GTM segments
- Systematically track strategic themes on probability / impact change; perform scenario analysis and develop business cases to determine strategic opportunities and plan for execution
- Drive cross-functional engagement and alignment on key strategy initiatives and support execution to drive successful outcomes in a matrixed environment
You’ll have the opportunity to build relationships with key partners, have visibility with senior leadership and engage in matrix-managed projects, making you a key influencer of the CX/services business globally. Your success would be determined by the impact to business and exceeding expectations.
Who You'll Work With
You'll be a key member within CX Strategy and Market Intelligence - an impactful, well-respected team which exists to help CX grow faster and profitably. We work hard and pride ourselves on solving complex business problems. We believe in creating business impact, thinking deeply and speaking simply. We develop strong relationships across the business and thrive on connecting the dots to discover new opportunities and build impactful solutions. We take our work/responsibilities seriously but also have a lot of fun together!
Who You Are
- You're a structured problem solver who can communicate clearly, concisely, and in simple terms. Strong in framing & structuring business problems, prioritizing the effort, conducting complex quantitative and qualitative analysis, building an executive level story complete with recommendations
- Highly organized, motivated and a self-starter. You're super curious and eager to learn and dig in to help wherever you can.
- You are a strategic thinker. You ask "why" to understand the root cause. You put structure to your thinking. You make simple the sophisticated.
- You're willing to take risks to explore new opportunities and know how to validate the potential and feasibility quickly.
- You embrace complexity and thrive in difficult situations.
- Excellent project management skills, storyboarding, attention to detail, timelines, and quality of work
- You love to work in multi-functional teams. You can navigate a large corporation and get others passionate about following your lead. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and multi-cultural business environment and you can work with a range of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Proven experience managing by influence and providing necessary leadership to both motivate internal team members and mobilize cross-functional teams towards results
- Passion for the high-tech industry and interest in market transitions and innovations shaping the industry and driving growth. Strong understanding of technology services, customer success and the Cisco portfolio in particular
At minimum, we expect you to have:
- A BA/BS degree + MBA with 5+ years of relevant experience in corporate strategy/planning roles at a major technology company, or management consulting
- Strong understanding of technology services, customer success and the Cisco portfolio in particular
- Excellent skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis and synthesis, crafting storylines for executive consumption and building models for business cases
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.