Senior Software engineer - Data Center
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
Who You'll Work With
We are a small but growing team of designers, pushing the envelope of today’s UI design best practices. Our team is comprised of seasoned designers and engineers working together to move fast and accurately. The design group leverages the latest versions of Sketch, InVision, and Abstract to solve problems and communicate solutions before and during development. While our focus is supporting development, we are also establishing scalable design assets that mirror the developers component library. You will have access to, and be exposed to, a symbol library that is leveraging techniques that push the standards of today. Cisco has a reputation for being a hardware company, but the design presence here is strong with plenty of room to make your mark on our integrated software solutions!
What You'll Do
• Identify opportunities and deliver creative, intuitive and elegant solutions for cloud and on-premise applications.
• Understand object models and drive efforts for restructuring complex information architectures.
• Merge brand guidelines, design patterns and shared design assets (symbol library) with feature requirements for a consistent end-to-end brand experience.
• Deliver clickable prototypes and design specs that guide development efforts via InVision, at a rapid pace.
• Contribute to our growing symbol library based on modular design practices for a scalable, shared design asset library.
• Mentor, guide and assist designers in all facets of design principals and techniques.
Who You Are
• A portfolio that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of advanced visual design concepts, such as; modular design, design systems, and micro-interactions.
• Data Visualization and enterprise experience.
• 4+ year’s experience in User Experience related roles.
• Ability to articulate design concepts and communicate the user experience vision for products and services.
• An advanced understanding of web standards, and user-centered design principles.
• You have proficiency with Sketch, InVision and Abstract.
• Outstanding presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
• Solid understanding of HTML and CSS is a plus.
• Basic understanding of OOL, BEM, and ERD concepts a plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.