Senior Software Technical Lead - Dev Lead - PLDT
Location:Taguig City, National Capital Region, Philippines
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) team seeks an experienced Lead Developer (Technical Leader) to join some of the industry’s best thinkers in developing and deploying today’s most advanced Service Provider Orchestration, Automation, and Virtualization solutions, that enable our customers to benefit from their 5G ready infrastructure.
Our Lead Developers are software subject matter experts, respected for their ability to design and implement simple and maintainable solutions to real world problems, taking multiple (sometimes competing) requirements into account. Some prior experience of automating IT or Service Provider infrastructure is required, but more important is the curiosity to dig in and understand the context and details of the problem to be solves, but the awareness to know when you “know enough” to get the job done.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide expert leadership of software development activities, across the complete software development lifecycle.
- Design and deliver software solutions to satisfy customer requirements using a combination of off-the-shelf software and custom code.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in Cisco’s automation solutions.
- Mentor and coach team members in software engineering and development best practices.
- Work with a Software Architect and customers to gather detailed business and technical use cases to deliver functional specifications and design YANG models for the development team
- Lead multi-functional teams including members such as software developers, infrastructure specialists, test engineers, and test developers.
Who You’ll Work with
You’ll be joining our ASEAN Software and Automation team, part of the larger CX Technology Group.
As part of the CX Professional Services team you will have the opportunity to with some of our largest service provider customers, to design and deliver software and automation projects such as orchestration of SDN networks and NFV with workflows automation.
Who You Are
The Lead Developer (Technical Leader) should have a track record of learning new technology domains. You will have a strong software development background, both as an individual developer, and as a leader with a proven ability to lead a team of developers and testers. You will enjoy the challenges of the customer facing aspects of software delivery, and be able to demonstrate an understanding of the broader technology or business challenges solved by software you have written. You have used innovative approaches to solving problems, with a large base knowledge of algorithms and approaches. You will value diversity of perspective, and welcome questions and insights – understanding that we all have to start somewhere.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience developing software applications
- Practical experience of IT or SP infrastructure automation, including network devices
- Expertise in at least two of: Python, Java, shell scripting/Ansible, NodeJS/AngularJS
- Proven expertise in data modelling and design, across at least two of: OO concepts, SQL, XML schema, or YANG.
- Solid fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, Routing, Ethernet, DNS, HTTP, SSH
- Strong foundations in the use and administration of Linux or Unix platforms
- Expertise in working with many APIs including RESTful and RPC style APIs
- Hand-on experience in working with multiple industry standard CI/CD tools – Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, CircleCI, Artifactory, Jira, etc.
- Know when and how to use Virtual Machines, VirtualEnv, Docker, Openstack, and Kubernetes
- Experience leading a small team of developers and testers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to explain all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Good understanding of business processes and operations
- Experience with YANG, RESTCONF and NETCONF
- Prior experience with Cisco NSO, ESC
- Experience working with MongoDB
- Knowledge of microservices approaches, and API gateways such as Kong/Tyk
- Experience with BPEL tools, such as Camunda or Activiti.
- Experience and high level understanding of SP network services (L2VPN/L3VPN)
- Experience in working with NFV.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.