Senior Software QA Engineer
Location:Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Cisco Switching Software Group builds Catalyst switching platforms. This group handles all of enterprise switching needs, helping Cisco be the market leader in campus access switching, for both wired and wireless.
Do you enjoy spearheading innovation through personal initiative? Would it excite you to be part of a highly motivated best of breed engineering team who is redefining and refreshing the software portfolio for Cisco's Wireless access points? Would you like to challenge yourself in driving a key technology transition in the Wireless Industry while working the market leader? Would you love to develop code using the most modern development methods using a test driven development focus? Can you demonstrate the ability to develop software with a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component, work with minimal supervision, collaborate with a multi-functional team and demonstrate technical knowledge and project management experience to accomplish goals?
You will participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our next gen intent based networking.
Day to day activities will involve: understanding features in a competitive product and proposing solutions that work for our platform, writing functional specifications and test plans, programming, automation, unit and feature testing, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers in the team, and helping documentation team with the configuration aspects of your feature.
• Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Review PRD, SFS, System architecture and customer facing documentation and create test plans.
- Perform platform testing, feature, and interoperability testing, use cases design and its test execution.
- Design and set up testbed topologies.
- Execute tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
- Participate in multi-functional and cross-BU test efforts.
- Initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategy development and test process definition/improvement.
- Work with hardware, software development and marketing to understand platform/feature requirements and ensure that the delivered platform meets specifications.
- Engagement in Early Field Trials and Customer POCs.
- Closely work with field/customer facing teams for field issues reproduction and fixes validation. Incorporate feedback into internal test phases / build standard methodologies.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.