Senior Software QA Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Why You'll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' progressive ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you'll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You'll work with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired
It's an exciting time to be at Cisco! As we work together to lay the foundation for Cisco's future, the Global Partner Organization (GPO) is more important than ever in helping Cisco and our partners deliver continued growth and profitability. Our ecosystem of more than 65,000 partners all over the world delivers more than 85% of Cisco's revenue, and partners will play an increasingly vital role in helping us enable our customers as they strive to become digital businesses. Business facing finance team supporting Partner finance for APJ region.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior QA engineer, you will be responsible for the creation of tests to identify issues with software before the product launch. Duties include identifying and analyzing any bugs and errors found during the test phase and documenting them for review.
Who You’ll Work With
Other tasks include developing and running new tests, reporting on the results, and collaborating with software developers to fix program issues.
Who You Are
Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipelines using the latest technologies such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Github, Bit Bucket, Sonar Queue, Checkmarks, Bava, Dava, etc...
· Create automated tests suites/harnesses to identify software problems
· Analyze bugs and errors found during tests and production to help isolate to the code level
· Document results of tests for the software development team
· Triage defects and set criticality
· Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
· Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance
· Works together with the software developer to enhance and improve programs
· Research and compare similar competitor products
· Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends and advancements
Mandatory Skill Sets:
· Automation testing (UI Automation - Selenium, Backend Automation - Robot)
· Hands-on experience in – Regression testing, Sanity testing, Production testing, Performance testing etc
· Strong knowledge of
· Strong knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows
· In-depth understanding of Java, Python, SQL, C++, Robot Framework, Shell Scripting, and XML
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, Self-driver, Accountable for timely deliveries, backed by solid technical writing abilities and communication skills
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
Extensive experience in software development, testing, DevOps, CI/CD, K8, Service Mesh, Docker/Container, Micro
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!