Senior Software Networking Test Engineer (Cloud)
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Compensation Range150900 USD - 222200 USD
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Software Development
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As a Meraki Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate with UI, backend, and firmware engineers to help craft, plan, and build new test frameworks and tests for our new and existing Meraki Dashboard features. With the help of the product manager and other team members, you will solve meaningful problems to help all the engineers here at Meraki.
We are seeking a senior cloud test software engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are! Your contributions will have a direct impact on the success of our team’s mission, not to mention our customers’ lives!
About the Team:
The Cloud test platform team is responsible for all the testing infrastructure of the cloud projects in Meraki. This includes the development of testing infrastructure for innovative new features spanning from the web to mobile, to hardware connectivity, to data generation, as well as developing the testing framework itself to support new use cases and workflows.
Please note that this position requires that you commute to the San Francisco, CA office 2-3 days per week.
What will you do?
Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve ten million people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for a test automation engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will make a direct impact on the success of our business.
Example projects of a Senior Software Test Engineer:
- Identify test cases and build a feature test plan.
- Execute test cases in some cadence and strategize the testing.
- Run defect triages for product teams.
- Communicate to stakeholders about any outstanding issues.
- Develop and promote good testing practices.
- Mentor junior engineers and be a Networking domain guide.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience testing/building and maintaining test plans, helping with automation efforts, and delivering scalable solutions
- Manual Network testing experience with networking devices such as SDWAN and/or SDA, L2, and L3 protocols
- 5+ years of experience in computer networking focus role.
- Solid understanding of core network protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, etc.
- Solid knowledge of Networking protocols and L2 to L7 technologies (ISIS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, EVPN, Segment Routing, MPLS-TE, SNMP, and Network management tools)
- You like thinking about systems and architecture to include edge cases, failure scenarios - and full lifecycle. You’re interested and experienced in making systems more resilient and fault tolerant.
- Debug sophisticated technical problems and find solutions.
- You are passionate about building testing frameworks, and processes to help deliver a phenomenal product experience.
- Experience with supporting, maintaining, and scaling automation in a CI/CD environment.
- Used development infrastructure tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, and JIRA
Bonus points if you have:
- Networking lab setup experience.
- Web automation experience.
- Experience with Rails
- Experience with QA processes - expanding test coverage, writing tests, test case management, etc.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.