Senior Software Leader - Emerging Technologies & Incubation team
Location:Rolle, Vaud, Switzerland
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing
The Business Entity
We are a part of Emerging Technologies and Incubation Group focused on identifying breakthrough emerging solutions that create new markets and businesses for Cisco. We incubate these new opportunities in partnership with our business groups, partners and other startups. The team also continues progress Cisco’s important work with Standards bodies and manage research partnerships with leading-edge Universities.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Software Leader you will work as individual contributor, and eventually manage a team of developers in various incubation projects. You will be part of a team which develops new MVPs and products that will be scaled out and taken to market to make a meaningful difference for Cisco and the industry. Specifically, you will:
- Develop best-in-class software for highly innovative products
- Work closely with experts, business units and customers to convert ideas into specifications, MVPs and early product releases
- Participate in the design and prototyping of new technical architectures for incubation projects
- Coordinate teams to develop components, services and applications end-to-end, from UI to backend and develop IP
Who You'll Work With
The Emerging Technologies and Incubation (ET&I) team is a highly visible group which reports directly to Cisco’s CEO. ET&I focuses on the next wave of innovation by anticipating, investing in, and incubating new technologies and business ventures.
You will be part of the European incubation team in Switzerland, to develop new products, and bring them to market in a startup like environment.
Who You Are
- MSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 15+ years of development experience in multiple companies and verticals (start-ups considered a plus)
- Ability to lead technical project teams, interface with various organization stakeholders and coach team members.
- You are a passionate developer and you have a broad experience: languages (Python, Java, C/C++, Go), Open Source, full stack development in Linux and mobile environments (Android/IOS)
- Experience with modern IP networking (IPv6, IPv4), including cloud native networking
- Background in one of the following domains: collaboration, AI/ML, cybersecurity, mobile, IoT
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Curious and a genuine desire for learning new technologies and developing new ideas
- Entrepreneurial drive with proven ability to achieve goals in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities and objectives
- Excellent understanding of design and architectural patterns, and source code management
- Knowledge of continuous integration & delivery, release management, test-driven development, and lean/agile development methodologies like Scrum/Kanban and DevOps
- Fluent in written and spoken English
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.