Senior Software Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestNetworking, Software Development, Testing
Senior Software Development Engineer – Enterprise Routing
What You'll Do
In this position, you will participate on a project team of highly skilled engineers involved in the software development (BSP/Driver, software infrastructure or LAN/WAN features) for Cisco next generation enterprise-routing systems with variant of LAN/WAN access technologies. You will
- Define, architect, design, and deliver new software and features on Cisco enterprise routing platforms with high quality standard
- Day to day activities will involve crafting new features, understanding features in an ambitious product, and proposing solutions that work for our solution. You will also be writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers on the team, and helping documentation team with the configuration aspects of your features.
- Support customer queries, escalations, and issues, to keep high customer satisfaction.
Who You'll Work With
IBN (Intent-based networking) transforms a hardware-centric, manual network into a controller-led network that captures business intent and translates it into policies that can be automated and applied consistently across the network. Cisco Intent-Based Networking Group (IBNG) develops software across the routing, switch and wireless platform portfolio at Cisco and is investing heavily to transform networking through cutting-edge solutions that will change the way IT is consumed. This means your work will transform our customers' consumption of our systems from every angle.
IBNG enterprise-routing platform team in Cisco China R&D Center (CRDC) is responsible for platform and LAN/WAN features development on Cisco enterprise routing platforms with combined multi-billion dollar revenues.
Who You Are
- Minimum 2+ years software development experiences with degree of M.S or above in CS/CE/EE
- Solid fundamentals of Data Structures, Algorithms, Object oriented design and programming.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ programming languages.
- Solid knowledge of operation systems - Linux, Unix
- Experience or interest in embedded system development is a plus
- Broad knowledge of network protocols and prior experience in routing, switching or wireless development is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.