Senior Software Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Why You'll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' progressive ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you'll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You'll work with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired
It's an exciting time to be at Cisco! As we work together to lay the foundation for Cisco's future, the Global Partner Organization (GPO) is more important than ever in helping Cisco and our partners deliver continued growth and profitability. Our ecosystem of more than 65,000 partners all over the world delivers more than 85% of Cisco's revenue, and partners will play an increasingly vital role in helping us enable our customers as they strive to become digital businesses. Business facing finance team supporting Partner finance for APJ region.
Who You Are?
You have a 12+ years of experience with solid understanding of cloud computing and latest technology. You can understand, design, architect, and provide solution to any business need – end to end. You have a DevOps mindset with solid understanding of large-scale applications and its operationalization aspect like logging, monitoring and reporting.
You should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge and lead the team in right direction.
What Will You Do?
· Design and develop Scalable cloud platform using microservice solutions
· Work closely with the team to ensure the best patterns and practices are used
· Ensure that all development activities are following organization standards
· Bring a mindset of developing simple solutions to complex problems
· Be a technology evangelist and innovator introducing new tools and technologies
· Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies
· Work on operationalization part of application development to have proper support model in place
· Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
· Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
· Have on-call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team
· Hands on experience building platforms using Cloud native technologies
· Expert with Docker containerization and Kubernetes clustering
· Hands-on experience on Python (Flask), Microservices, REST APIs
· Hands-on experience as a full stack developer who understands end to end development
· Hands on experience on complete CICD tooling (GIT/Bitbucket, CICD tools, Code quality)
· Experience in building High-available, Resilient, Scalable, Performant applications deployed on Cloud
· Hands-on experience in writing Unit test cases, Integration test cases
· Familiarity with Prometheus, Thanos, AlertManager, Karma, Grafana and Kibana
· Proven experience in Agile environments
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!