Senior Software Engineer
Location:Austin, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who we are
Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams, and the Customer & Partner Experience Engineering (CPXE) group is transforming how Cisco delivers value to our customers & partners via our product portfolio. The CX Engineering organization is the team that is in the epicenter of developing modern, cloud native technologies in support of the evolving CX Product portfolio. To lay hold of this exciting vision, we are looking for top talent to deliver high performing, distributed engineering teams that will redefine success for Cisco and our customers.
What you'll do
Software is a team sport. The best software is built by the highest functioning teams peopled with supremely skilled & fiercely collaborative engineers. You will throw your lot in with fellow engineers to build high quality, high scale & customer delighting SaaS products. We are looking for engineers with a growth mindset, eager to do their best work and build the best products possible. Simply put, you will deliver excellent software on a results-driven, high-trust team.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Write high quality software, on time that meets customer’s expectations
- Work closely with team lead to help the team deliver on their efforts as a collective unit
- Work with Product Management, Operations and other engineering groups to build a great product
- Mentor more junior engineers to produce their best work
- Take ownership for large portions of the platform, and help us design, deliver and maintain that code going forward.
Who you'll work with
Residing in the CPXE organization, you will partner with teams within the CPXE organization to design, develop and deliver best in class SaaS solutions. You will work with peer teams in Product Management, Operations and UX Design to build the world’s best customer experience for our customers, partners and delivery engineers. Every day and every interaction will be unique, but you will likely engage with a diverse representation of engineers, product owners, product managers, business units, IT and CX leadership.
Who you are
- 5+ years designing, developing and deploying SaaS software
- 3+ years of shipping cloud native software in AWS
- Experience taking difficult problems and translating them into solutions
- Experience in creating and maintaining large scale distributed cloud native technology stacks that achieve over 99.98% uptime
- Strong ability to collaborate, finding win-win solutions within Engineering and partnering with Product
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage, interface and influence partners
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!