Senior UI Engineer with a Passion for UX
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who We Are
At CX Application Engineering we are working on Cisco's world-class product to connect all of Cisco's offerings through one cloud-based customer portal. We will be enabling our partners and customers to see how their Cisco products are working for them, how they can increase the value of their purchases, learn about new opportunities, engage with specialists to tackle their specific problems, and more.
What You'll Do
You will build the "front door" for the entire CX Cloud Platform, crafting amazing user experiences for Cisco's customers by building new features and implementing simple and elegant solutions that balance current needs while keeping an eye on the future. You would be expected to contribute in the following ways:
- Write readable and reusable code, following SOLID principles and other guidelines
- Focus on understanding long-term goals and minimizing technical debt
- Use systems thinking and mindfulness to develop a deep understanding of how individual modules align with the entire product
- Commit to building quality products, and take ownership for performance and security
- Learn from mistakes and embrace the continuous improvement philosophy
Who You'll Work With
You will work with best-in-class engineers and technical leads on an agile team that owns their outcomes. We care about stunning design, great UX, and good engineering practices -- we love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, responsive, and performant. This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of a group that is driving an innovative technical roadmap for next generation applications and cloud services using today's most advanced technologies.
Who You Are
Your passion is crafting delightful user experiences, specializing in the front-end. You love improving the efficiency and quality of code. You have deep knowledge of your domain and ability to learn and adapt to changing needs and priorities. Staying on top of fast-moving trends in web development is likely a hobby for you. While you love coming up with great ideas, you are also humbled by those with different perspectives and the incredible value they add to your work.
Required skills and experience:
- 8+ years of experience in enterprise UI development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Angular, HTML5, CSS, consuming RESTful services
- Proven experience on at least one large-scale project
- Experience with Cloud Services in one or more platforms; AWS, Azure, Google from a developer perspective
- Working knowledge of accessibility standards
- A drive for efficiency and collaboration, with a history of establishing great relationships with UX and Product Management teams across time zones
- A commitment to quality, technical excellence and results
- Creativity and flexibility in using various technologies to solve human problems
You may be good at:
- Serverless technologies like AWS Lambda, Firebase functions
CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Octopus, Azure DevOps
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!