Senior Software Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What you'll do
Cisco Sweden are expanding their engineering team in Stockholm, which means there is an exciting new opening for a senior developer/technical expert.
As the technical specialist, you will share your deep technical knowledge and work both independently and with the team to solve sophisticated tasks, implementing and troubleshooting the low-level parts of our products. You are expected to drive feature development, perform low-level trouble shooting, suggest technical options. You will be accountable for executing within the team and collaboration/coordination with other teams.
The Stockholm engineering team is responsible for the development of world leading network automation products:
- NSO: industry-leading software for automating services across traditional and virtualized networks.
- ConfD: a powerful management agent software framework for network elements, driving the industry towards network programmability using NETCONF (IETF Network Configuration Protocol) and YANG (IETF data model structure).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and troubleshooting of low-level product components and features
- Architectural ownership of low-level components
- Respond to security requirements, assess impact, design and implement
- Deliver high quality code that is both tested and testable
- Have a pragmatic approach
- Analyze and solve complex problems as a part of a forward-thinking team
- Develop business-critical high availability systems
- Make presentations and participate in workshops.
- Visit customer premises, national as well as international
- Help evolve and improve development tooling and CI/CD work
Who you'll work with
You will work within a team of experienced and passionate colleagues who are involved with the research and development of cutting-edge network automation technologies for our Global customers and Partners. Your colleagues around you will be experienced Erlang hackers, with many end users of their code. You will also be joining a team that was awarded No. 1 Great place to work 2019, and will be based out of our new modern office in Central Stockholm or small cozy office in central Skellefteå.
Who you are
- Technically curious and open to learn new skills
- Master degree in Computer Science or the equivalent
- Unix/Linux specialist
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in Erlang or functional programming on a product or system in production
- Experience from non-functional programming paradigms
- Proven experience in Makefiles and shell scripts
- Compiler and programming language knowledge and implementation experience
- In depth computer science knowledge
- Experience from databases and distributed databases, network engineering and embedded systems, NETCONF, RESTCONF, YANG would be desirable and but not essential
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.