Senior Software Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestService Provider
What You'll Do
You will manage and lead development of 5G mobility products. You'll be responsible for the following:
- Design and work as with premier team to scope, develop and sustain virtualized 5G network functions portfolio
- Engage with Tier1 Mobile Operators like AT&T, T-Mobile and other customers in developing innovative 5G solutions
- Work with Offshore development teams and co-ordinate on all stages of 5G development
- Job may require travel up to 15% of the time
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the Mobility Business Unit (MABU), which is enabling Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) personalize the mobile experience to make the most out of the challenges, and opportunities it presents. MABU products have #1 market share in US, deployed at 300 Mobile operators, carrying 1 Billion subscribers, 2 Billion sessions, and 3 TB worth of internet traffic.
MABU focus is on mobile Internet transformation where mobile data traffic growing very rapidly and ever more complex for operators to monetize. The business unit enables mobile operators to make the most out of the innovation, challenges and opportunities it presents in 5G/4G space. MABU focuses on 5G which supports 5G Network Functions, CUPS (Control and User Plane Separation) and containerization/virtualization.
MABU is a trusted partner to operators migrating to the next generation virtual networks. MABU continues to be the market leader in mobility, delivering virtual and cloud solutions that address service provider challenges of network reach, network intelligence, and service creation velocity while enhancing overall profitability. MABU is responsible for complete development of 4G/5G nodes ( Both NSA and SA ).
You will work within and across teams of focused premier mobility engineers. Socialize with key focused groups such as product management, sales, customer support and advanced services.
Who You Are
You work with a team of bedrock of engineering talent. You make sure nothing falls through the cracks. You encourage, challenge and work with the team to innovate solutions, products and associated features on 5G.
You will have Good understanding of Unix/Linux Kernel and a deep understanding of Operating systems, data structures and awareness about efficient algorithms. You will also have the below:
- 5G(4G) 3GPP architecture familiarity
- 4G - Packet core (p-gw, s-gw, ggsn,, MME , PCRF etc) and/or 5G ( SMF, AMF, PCF) familiarity
- NoSQL Databases, REST API experience
- OpenStack/VMWare familiarity
- Kubernetes(Docker) and/or other virtualization expertise
- Excellent communication/presentation/negotiation skills
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in product development
- Java or GO, OO Design Patterns, Multi-threading & Concurrency experience on Micro services(K8/Dockers)/VMware/OpenStack platform
- Proven expertise in design, development and management of end-to-end solution
- Ability to provide deeper solutions in terms of reliability, scalability, performance etc.
- Proficiency in debugging and solving under virtualized deployments
- Experience with Agile product life cycle methodology and tools
- Good understanding of networking concepts