Senior Software Engineer
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestService Provider
Who You'll Work?
It is an exciting time to work with a new project in Service Provider SPNS group. The next generation of NOS architecture - hardware and software that aligns with SDN, is highly modular and programmable, supports modern software principles and distributed system constructs, and works at hyper-scale. This while making it super simple for customers to deploy and maintain. Some people are calling it the plug-and-play of networking.
Who You Are?
We are looking for strong, talented and upbeat engineers and technical leaders with following skills:
- Exposure to Open Source software and contributions to the Open Source community.
- Strong background in C/C++, good knowledge of programming on Linux OS.
- Comfortable with Linux platform bring up, system architecture and design.
- System software development with exposure to MIPS, PPC and x86 architectures.
- Excellent background in polling in an embedded environment and improving runtime performance.
- Work in an Agile development environment where the team is empowered and accountable for delivery (development & test) of quality software.
- For test, an inclination to understand customer deployments (optical DCI and CDN/Peering) in addition to functional automation is a key attribute
- Ability to learn and utilize diverse programming language (e.g. python, GO) as part of the development process.
- Deep understanding and/or experience of platform infrastructure: Device drivers (fabric, control Ethernet, FPGA drivers, optics, BIOS etc..), Operating systems, disk drivers, Power management, Chassis management
- BIOS Experience is a plus
What You'll Do?
- You will help build expertise on the elite modular, fully distributed, highly available, highly secure network operating system and routing platform
- You will work directly with the op customers like Google, Facebook, Comcast, Microsoft, AT&T, NTT, British Telecom, etc and learn how the world of Edge and Core networking is evolving
- Evolve IOS-XR into the new Virtualized world and be part of the journey to drive the Customers towards enabling of Virtualized Cloud- based Network Services
- Lines between networking software (NOS) and application software are blurred since networking is just another application in modern times. Differentiate yourself by going above and beyond plain app software development.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.