Senior Software Engineer, Webex Contact Center
Area of InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Technology InterestWebex (Collaboration)
- Who We Are:
We are part of the Cisco’s Collaboration Technology Group (CTG), the global leader in Collaboration Technologies, which provides outstanding coordinated solutions that redefine the partnership experience.
Our Customer Care Business Unit is an industry leader in the market in developing and delivering intelligent customer and employee experiences at cloud speed and scale.
Who You’ll Work With:
- Product Managers that will help you know our customers and partners so you can deliver solutions that meet their needs and wants.
- Engineering Managers who will enable you to focus on doing what you love: delivering extraordinary software; they will also be your mentor and guide on this exciting stage of your career journey.
- Technical Architects shall help you craft, develop, and operate with the standard methodologies, patterns the industry has to offer.
- Data Scientists who will rely on you and your data wrangling and serving expertise to find artificially intelligent ways to enrich the value we deliver to customers.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Design, develop and maintain the underlying data infrastructure for the entire Customer Journey Solutions platform.
- Build a scalable, reliable, and high-throughput data pipeline capable of ingesting hundreds of gigabytes of data per hour in multiple formats from multiple sources.
- Build a leading-edge data processing engine for batch and stream-based computations and aggregations for reporting and sophisticated analytical use cases.
- Design and develop APIs for efficient and scalable data retrieval and querying.
- Own what you build – providing end-to-end automation, quality assurance, deployment and monitoring of your data services.
- Envision, design, and build solutions to enable advanced analytical and machine learning (ML) applications.
- 10+ years of Strong Programming expertise in Java and experienced in building low latency applications
- Expertise in building data pipelines using data processing frameworks like Apache Flink
- Expertise in Elastic Search, Kafka, MongoDB, Redis
- Expertise with high-throughput messaging technologies and patterns especially Apache Kafka or other large-scale data processing frameworks and runtimes.
- Experience with Git source control and building/maintaining Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines; Jenkins
- Experienced in Cloud development and deployment
- Experienced working with databases of all types like relational, analytical, columnar
- Experience building, testing, and consuming REST APIs; GraphQL
Nice to Have:
- Experience with data analysis toolkits such as PyData pandas and analytical storage frameworks like Druid/Pivot.
- Experience developing, testing, and deploying to public cloud infrastructures such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and techniques; real-world ML application delivery
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum-inspired delivery methodology.