Senior Software Engineer - WLAN
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestNetworking, Wireless, Mobility
Wireless Networking Group (WNG) is the industry leader in enterprise WLAN with a proven track record in building innovative wireless solutions. You will be part of WNG team that is known for innovation and won multiple pioneer awards through years.
As an engineer in this team, you will be developing and supporting software that breathes life into Cisco's Aironet and Catalyst Access Points product line.
In this role,
- You will have the opportunity to work across teams to craft systems that tackle complex problems for our customers.
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development and maintenance of software for our access wireless products and architectures. Both sustaining and development of new features for Access points and Wireless solutions
- You will be responsible for improving and re-architecting existing components and subsystems, bringing up new boards/products and features to support the growth of access point, in terms of functionality, simplicity, scalability, and availability.
- Day to day activities will involve sustaining, building new features, improving debuggability, eliminating technical debt, writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing code, helping review specifications and code from other software engineers in the team.
- Extensive programming experience in C and C++, Linux embedded development
- Experience in system design and architecture
- Strong knowledge of 802.11 a, b/g, n, and 802.11ac, 11ax protocols
- Strong knowledge of network protocol stack, including L2 and L3 networking, TCP/IP, QoS, Networking and/or application security expertise (L2/L3 firewall, DPI, IDS, IPS)
- Expertise in developing/debugging Linux kernel and user space code in networking and security areas, Linux network performance such as data path
- Experience with CPU/Memory Management/IO and Virtualization technologies
- Experience with bring up and system boot process using systemd, Linux shell scripting
- Linux kernel networking stack knowledge (Netdevice, SKB, softirq )
- Understanding of Linux and network resource management
- Possess the aptitude to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Experience with board bring up, writing and debugging bootloader, Linux device drivers, such as Ethernet Driver, PHY driver, I2c, SPI, PCIe etc;
- Test Driven development approach
- Code signing and basic knowledge of crypto algorithms
- Handle multiple tasks at once and work independently
- Have experience in customer deployment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. This role requires the ability to work across departments and with other teams
- Continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.