Senior Software Engineer- Test Automation Development
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
As with any fast-growing startup, we like self-starters who thrive in an exciting environment - which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises. And most significantly - we look for people who can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver.
What You'll Do
You will work as a Software Engineer and you will play a central role in the automation testing of the Standalone Nexus 9000 product. You will also have a real passion for script development and a strong background in building test infrastructure to test dynamic, highly-available, highly-scalable applications using python/go based technologies, as well as operating within a startup-mode environment.
Who You'll Work With
We are developing the Nexus 9000 line of data center and cloud switches that feature application awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for dynamic response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility.
Who You Are
- You have 8+ years of test automation development for large scale, high-volume solutions.
- Experience with container based platform testing.
- Experience in testing kubernetes and docker based platform.
- Experience in tools like Jenkins, spinnaker.
- Deep understanding of test methodologies, CICD and proficient with open source python /go technologies.
- Prior experience in automated testing and test framework bring up of service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices.
- Experience in automation framework bring up and integrating open source libraries to existing framework.
- You are experienced in automating functional and regression test suites.
- An understanding and experience in automating scale, performance and convergence.
- You have a passion for networking and have basic networking knowledge.
- Master’s degree or BSC with 8+ years of experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related major.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We Are Cisco.
We Are Cisco.