Senior Software Engineer, Systems Manager (SM) Windows, C++ coding (mandatory)
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
For the past 10 years, Meraki has had a singular focus on making IT simple yet powerful. A key part of an IT team's toolbox is making networks intuitive to setup and manage. Essential to achieving this goal is simplifying the world of Mobile Device Management as our world becomes an increasingly mobile place. Our Systems Manager development team is dedicated to achieving this simplicity by streamlining the control of devices at an enterprise level. We work as a small and lean team and wear many hats!
Meraki’s engineering culture is one of innovation and ownership. You will have a strong hand in not just building the technology but also defining what we should be building. As a Senior Windows Engineer, you will work on building apps that facilitate management, inventory, and policy enforcement on both company and personally owned Windows devices. These apps have both user facing features and background services to talk to the Meraki cloud, so can work anywhere from high performance backend algorithms to reusable front-end components. Your work will run on millions of devices and you will have the ownership to impact customers who touch this tool on a global level.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
- Design, architect, and implement our next generation Windows agent
- Lead the direction and vision of the platform - you will use your expertise to make decisions on what tools and technologies we use.
- Collaborate with UX designers and analyze user feedback to craft solutions and workflows that will impact our customers
- Build monitoring features that integrate with other Meraki products
- Own features that span our entire technology stack: from the application running on desktop clients to the web interface on Dashboard.
- Mentor junior developers on best practices, common pitfalls, and good design patterns.
You are an ideal candidate if have:
- 6+ years of experience writing professional production code
- Proven ability to lead complex projects from start to finish
- Experience with Windows systems programming and Windows UWP app development with C++/WinRT
- Experience with C++/WinRT GUI development for UWP apps with the WinUI library
- Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies (ex: GoogleTest)
- Experience with Microsoft Store development
- You are familiar with automated build systems
- You flourish within a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
- You have a hunger for knowledge and love the idea of learning new technologies, frameworks, and systems outside your area of expertise
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Experience with low-level threading primitives and concurrency topics
- Experience with networking protocols
- Experience with cryptography and X509 certificates based-authentication
- Experience with web development using a modern framework (ex: Ruby on Rails, Django, Node JS, React, Angular)
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.