Senior Software Engineer – SD-WAN
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
nfrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighbourhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
Here at Meraki, we…
- Believe that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers.
- Place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team.
- Foster an open and encouraging workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
- Are driven by technological innovation and developer creativity in addition to market demands, giving you the structure and freedom to pursue projects you are most passionate about.
With millions of people using Meraki products around the world, your work will have a significant impact from the day it is deployed.
Example projects within this role:
- Architect and implement SD-WAN Internet breakout
- Design forwarding engine using analytics data
- Design a high available system to minimize failover time
- Diagnose and fix issues found in our customer networks
As our Senior Software Engineer, you will...
- Be responsible for architecting SD-WAN features that are reliable, simple, and meet the performance of our products.
- Diagnose system issues and provide reliable fixes that resolve issues
- Collaborate with customers and product management to gather requirements to innovate our SD-WAN architecture.
- Have the opportunity to work across teams to design complex SD-WAN features required by our customers.
You will have...
- 5+ years of experience writing professional production code in C/C++
- Experience architecting and implementing SD-WAN working in projects from beginning to end
- Experience developing and troubleshooting in a Linux environment
- Experience in SD-WAN fundamentals such as Overlay Routing and Controller
- Understanding of common protocols in OSI layers 3 through 7 (IPv4/6, IPSec, TCP/UDP, DNS, HTTP, TLS)
- Effective communication skills and a strong ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to flourish within a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
- Ability to strive to build rich and dynamic features by expanding current tools or by crafting entirely new components
- Experience and desire to expertly work beyond the boundary of single languages or technologies to identify complex bugs
- Knowledge and experience of Routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and MPLS
- Familiarity with routing architecture such as RIB, FIB, and Interface Management
- Comprehensive understanding in forwarding behaviour
Preferable if you have:
- Experience in Design system that analytics data
- Knowledge of docker, kubernetes, and cloud architecture
- An understanding of NetConfig, NetFlow, and SNMP
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept differences – it’s one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.