Senior Software Engineer- Polaris
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
Cisco Polaris IOS-XE is looking for a software engineer to contribute on the highly scalable OS Infrastructure. We’re looking for smart, hard-working people who see problems as challenges and strive to meet them. People with a high degree of ownership who can bring solutions to the table and consider the entire application end to end.
What will you do?
- Develop new Infrastructure features according to requirements on our flagship product
- Debug and resolve moderate to complex problems
- Interpret business specifications and perform analysis/design functions
- Independently perform problem determination and resolution
· Work on exciting Platform, Virtualization (Containers) and Cloud (Public and private) technologies.
Who You Are
· You are a Software engineer with 8-10+ years of experience in computer systems, software and architecture
· You possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· You must have at least 3 years of Linux embedded development experience
· You are good with writing distributed platform and system software
· You are an excellent C programmer and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
· You have experience with CPU/Memory Management/IO and Virtualization technologies
- Solid understanding of complex data structures, algorithms, Linux operating system.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good team player
- Virtualization experience (LxC, namespace, Docker containers, IO virtualization) is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Polaris operating systems would be a plus.
- Packet forwarding, Layer-2, Layer-3 technologies is desirable.
- Knowledge of public cloud infrastructure is a plus.
- Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies
We Are Cisco. Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.