Senior Software Engineer- Polaris IOS-XE
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Cisco Polaris IOS-XE is
Are you pushing the envelope? Here, you'll be designing, implementing, and empowering the world’s best IoT solutions. You'll lead and collaborate as part of a disruptive software engineering team that is passionate about transforming the networking industry
Who You Are
● 3-5 years experience working on a senior high impact software development team
● MSEE/CS combined with 5+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 7+ yrs related experience.
● 5+ years of work experience on networking products
● Linux system development exposure including build systems and versioning, familiarity with Virtualization
● Advanced level knowledge of docker and/or virtual machines.
● Good understanding of networking protocols and different L2 to L7 technologies.
● Programming experience in C/C++ /Python/Go
● Experience in all phases of SW development cycle with some exposure to agile development methodologies
● Excellent problem solving skills.
● Linux kernel development
● Familiarity with LXC/KVM/Docker/libvirt, Cgroups. LSM, Kubernetes.
● Yocto, REST API/JSON
- We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
- We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.