Cloud Engineer - DevOps, Consul, Golang, Terraform, Ansible with Python & CI/CD with Networking- 4 to 8 Years Exp
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Cloud Services Infrastructure (CSI) engineering team at Cisco delivers the technology that's transforming the way product teams secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. As a Cloud Engineer, you will be a key member of the Platform team, supporting containerized internet security services in our globally distributed data centers. Our team is responsible for the networks and hosts that support thousands of Internet-scale services. At its core, the CSI Engineering team provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service for engineering in dozens of our "Edge" data centers.
Who You'll Work With
The Platform Service team is looking for a Cloud Engineer to help us build and operate our globally distributed application multi-stack platform. We support cloud-native security applications running at an internet scale. This team works closely with the rest of the Infrastructure Engineering teams to build core internet architecture, security applications, and distributed systems at scale.
Our team strongly believes in infrastructure automation, and we are committed to automating all our repetitive tasks such as configuration management and auto-remediation of incidents. We are a globally distributed team supporting over three dozen data centers servicing thousands of containerized services.
Who You Are
You have experience with high-availability compute platforms and understand how to build scalable infrastructure. You have an excellent understanding of containerization and virtualization technologies and a solid grounding in networking concepts. You strive to build systems that are automated, performant and resilient. You understand cloud design principles and are comfortable operating in a modern DevOps environment. You thrive in a respectful and inclusive team culture.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Design, build and operate the highly available infrastructure at scale, using Golang, Terraform, Ansible, Python, Helm, and other languages/tools as fit the situation's needs
- Develop solutions for infrastructure automation with availability, scale, and latency in mind
- The ins and outs of supporting a platform running 24x7
- Design, build and improve CI/CD pipelines
- Fine-tune configuration and improve the performance of a variety of systems alongside your team members
- Support internal Cisco customers by extending existing services and creating new ones
- Never the same thing twice
- Experience with AWS
The team could be a good fit for you if some of these apply to you:
- Experience with container orchestration platforms ideally Kubernetes
- Experience with Consul technology
- Familiarity with operating a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment with a follow-the-sun approach
- Some experience with applications that span multiple data centers and/or cloud controllers
- Experience with systems, network, and application security concepts
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tooling
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (37 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it).
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take differences to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.