Lead Senior Software Engineer - Network Processor ASIC SDK
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
The Core Hardware Group is developing the ASIC SDK for Cisco’s next-generation network processor. We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer as we build this SDK from scratch for deployment across Cisco’s network operating systems.
- Build understanding across a wide variety of network technologies for the Campus switching market, such as TrustSec, Netflow, and Software-Defined access.
- Work with product teams to design and architect feature behavior.
- Develop clean, easy-to-use, and well-documented API’s, suitable for use across multiple network operating systems and direct customer access.
- Design and implement software in modern C++ with high quality, well-defined abstraction layers, and Python unit tests.
Who You'll Work With
We're a team of hardware and software architects defining the next-generation of Cisco’s networking silicon. Scaling from the ultra-high-speed Service Provider core down to enterprise campus access, the software and devices we are building will be at the heart of many of Cisco’s product lines and deployed in networks all over the world.
Who You Are
You have experience designing and implementing complex software systems. You believe in building software that has clean APIs and well-defined layers. You aren’t afraid to dive into new networking technologies, where your skills can bridge the gap between product requirements and the software design.
- 7-10+ years software development experience.
- Strong software design skills using C/C++
- Knowledge of or hands-on experience with L2/L3 networking technologies.
- Possess creative analytical skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Ambitious, with a strong sense of ownership.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking risks to build the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with extraordinary personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.