Senior Software Engineer - Java, Kafka/Flink, Elastic Search & Data Analytics
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Senior SW Engineer - Data Platform
Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
What You'll Do
In this highly critical role as the lead for Big Data Streaming, Pipelining and Object Modeling, you will:
- Drive the design and implementation for the data platform, ensuring generic and customizable object models that can support 3rd party applications
- Build a framework to monitor and fix the system at high scales and high volumes
- Understand all the components in the system in extraordinary depth, and tune the nuts and bolts of the system to extract the most performance from it.
- Create a self-aware system that can tune itself based on load and system conditions
Who You'll Work With
Does leading and state-of-the-art fascinate you? Do you read and learn about new technology for fun? Is coding your passion, but also your hobby? Does working on fast paced, agile environments excite you? Do your eyes gleam with excitement at the thought of building a clustered containerized big data system that has as much potential as the technical challenge it offers? If you answered “yes” to all the previous questions, you would fit right into our team!
Who You Are
- Bachelors/Masters in Engineering
- 8-10 years of experience in Software Development
- Proven design, development and productization experience
- Has experience in performance tuning the product, has led an agile team to aim similar problems
- Proficiency in Java & Python
- Proficiency in object oriented programming.
- Validated ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies & languages
- Working experience in multi cluster environments, packaging, system bring up, performance tuning and operations at high scale
- Working experience in Docker / Microservices, Mesos or Kurbernetes…
- Working experience with Storm, Spark, Samza or Flink….
- Working experience with graph databases such as Cayley, Titan, or Neo4j…
- Working experience with other NOSQL databases such as Cassandra or MongoDB…
- Open source contributions on GitHub a huge plus
- Moderate proficiency in GoLang a huge plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!