Senior Software Engineer - Java, J2ee, AWS
Area of InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Technology InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Who we are:
Cisco Collaboration Technology Group - India Development Centre was established recently with a strong dedication to heavily invest in the industry-leading Cloud Teamwork solutions. 95% of Fortune 500 companies use Cisco Teamwork (290,000 customers) with 2 billion minutes per month on Cisco Webex meetings!
What you will do:
- Demonstrate good ownership & relevance
- Building cloud applications that are highly scalable and highly available
- Building hard-working Restful web services and APIs
- Lead/Participate in Requirements, Planning, Design, Review discussions.
- Work in a Continuous integration environment with focus on software standards and quality
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in defining product and project level architecture.
- Work in an agile environment, adapt to obstacle culture and team first demeanor
- Analyze customer feedback and customer issues, participate actively in customer support activities which includes triage & providing resolutions
- Document software design, flows and use cases using various software design techniques like Sequence Diagrams, Architectural Diagrams, Class Diagrams etc...
- Good Individual- Recognize & Respect each other, Have Fun, Adapt to Cisco Culture
Technical Skills Required:
- 8+ years of experience in Web Technologies (programming using Java/J2EE Spring, REST, SOAP, Apache Tomcat)
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud Technologies using AWS crafting and deploying cloud architecture on cloud platforms)
- Cloud skills – Cloud Framework (SNS, SQS, KMS, S3, API G/W etc...) Docker, Server less Process, Access Control
- Experience with CI/CD, GIT/Gerrit/Jenkins and complete cloud application lifecycle
- Good understanding using Build Tools (Gradle, Maven, ANT)
- Should have experience working on RHEL or any flavors of Linux
- Good experience with test coverage tools with various testing techniques
- Strong Problem-solving skills with good articulation and communication
- AWS Certification (Solution Architect, Dev associates) is desired
- Any experience in cloud security is a plus
- Any experience w/ AAA, SSO, IDP, SAML is a plus
- Any experience on Service Discovery/Distributed Caching is a plus
- DB: Both SQL (Postgres) and any No-SQL DB like Mongo
- Good experience using IDE (like Eclipse etc...)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!