Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack Developer(Python, Java, Angular)- 10+Yrs
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What will you do
Cisco IT is seeking hardworking engineer who has demonstrable experience in building robust software applications. As a member of the Digital Infrastructure Organization, you will be part of a world-class team, that develops database PaaS offerings. As an engineer in our Agile team, you will be responsible for developing front end that enables our clients to consume our services and solution the automated backend provisioning, update and deletion of systems as per client requirements.
Who you’ll work with
IT Infrastructure Database team under Infrastructure Services Organization is looking for a results-oriented, motivated individual to join our team with focus in infrastructure engineering / DevOps by rapidly growing our automation and self-service capabilities.
Who You Are:
Self-starter, passion to learn technologies, good communicator, critical thinking, problem solving, ability to stay focused while working under ambitious work situations.
- Guides the development of Application Architecture/Systems roadmaps & drives dialog with Design, Development, Business Architects and other key players to advance Architecture forward
- Collaborate with other key organizations to construct Architecture work you're doing such as Strategies, Blueprints, etc
- Provides mentorship on key strategic projects
- Stays informed about technology trends, directions & determines applicability
- Utilizes industry & competitive knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate ideas in a forward-looking manner to support the business & also to anticipate new opportunities
- Conducts vendor/technology evaluation as appropriate
- Influences the acceptance of new technologies that drive consistency, efficiency & agility to the organization
- 12+ years of IT experience in technical architecture, application development, middleware, database management and operations.
- 7+ years of experience in a midsize or large corporation supporting multiple lines of business with global presence.
- Has in depth understanding of application development, technologies and software development lifecycle. Acts as the lead technical specialist for areas in the Application Architecture Domain
- Experienced with web technologies/tools, middleware integration technologies/tools, key packaged application (Oracle, SAP etc.)
- Strong Security skills along w/ IaaS/CaaS knowledge
- Design and Development Experience on Python, Java, GoLang, Angular JS and Flask and good experience in working on Linux systems and various databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server, Mongo, Cassandra...etc. Experience in Scaled Agile Framework, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery framework is required along with exposure to toolset such as Jenkins, Git/BitBucket and JIRA. Shall have strong exposure to DevOps methodology.
- Experience with Django Web Framework and writing SQL queries
- Experienced in Application Architecture and/or Systems Solutions Architecture
- Exposure to kubernetes, containerization, GPU's, Data Science, and distributed database systems
- Good knowledge of software design patterns, Object-Oriented Programming concepts and Microservices.
- Superb communication skills, both written and spoken
- Evidenced by the ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
- Effective use of communication tools/methods such as Power Point, Visio, UML/Architecture Modeling as well as the ability to optimal deliver presentations
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills - lead, collaborate, facilitate, and negotiate as vital
- Must be a self-starter with the skills required to be able to empower and influence across IT departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related
- Database administration experience
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are rapidly growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a lively and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a phenomenal Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things taking results-oriented risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual C1orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!