Senior Software Engineer - DevOps
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights.
What You'll Do
You will be part of a high performing DevOps, Build, and Release team that is essential for the success of the DNA-Center success in the market. This team is responsible for managing the complete build systems and providing builds to the various quality teams. The team is comprised of developers who create and execute build scripts, implement CI/CD pipelines, and create dashboards for consumption by the larger execution team and/or Senior Management.
Whom You'll work with
You will work with and partner with several product teams that build the CISCO DNA-C product suite. The product spans multiple layers of stack and the DevOps team interacts with multiple Engineering/QE owners across all layers of the stack. The leader will be a part of the India engineering group focusing on DevOps and Build aspects of the global product delivery working with global partners and Cisco DNA-C India Senior Management team.
Who You Are
Has 5+ years of experience in technology industry
Problem solver with the ability to make sound complex decisions whilst understanding of trade-offs.
Good communication, presentation and inter-personal skills to recruit and motivate a team of highly skilled engineers.
Ability to innovate and create systems that improve overall build, integration, release predictability and quality.
Ability to deliver results in a short time and experience working in fast paced high growth tech companies
Ability to build significant partnership with peers and other cross-functions
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong DevOps background required. Must have 4-7 years of experience in build and deployments.
- Strong hands-on experience in build tools like ANT/Maven/Gradle.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins/TeamCity, Artifactory/Nexus.
- Good knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and Helm.
- Strong programming skills (Python, shell, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Code Quality and Security Analysis tools like SonarQube, Clover, and Fortify.
- Experience on AWS or any other cloud platform is a plus.
- Advanced Linux admin experience
- Experience with source control management like Git, SVN, Bitbucket
- Experience setting up real/virtual build and unit test lab environments (VM, appliance, network)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment, cross-site and cross-time zones
- System debugging knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication.
B.S. and M.S. in Engineering or Computer Science
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Digital Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco