Senior Software Engineer – Development Test
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
The Business Entity
Cisco's Service Provider group has a very rich product portfolio covering
multiple Routing platforms and ASICS/Optics. The software development team is responsible for developing innovative software solutions to validate hardware designs and support application development.
You will be part of a global Software Development team, a very dynamic group working in a fast-paced environment. As a Software Engineer you will be exposed to state-of-the-art technologies used in Cisco Switching and Routing products. We are looking for motivated individuals who enjoy challenging tasks. We offer a great opportunity to grow your technical skills set and gain visibility and recognition among cross-functional groups.
Role & Responsibilities
In this highly visible role as a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Architect, design and deliver product-level test strategies and automation for the new products from ground up
- Design and implement automation framework and test library to validate complex networking software features
- Collaborate with software team to identify problem root causes and validate software features
- Track defects found and feature enhancements to closure
- Make continuous improvements to test coverage and automation
- Initiate informal reviews of ideas and technical objectives within and across functional teams
- Experience with test environments that requires networking and TCP/IP knowledge
- Excellent understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 network protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, routing and switching protocols
- Strong background in Python with good knowledge of programming on Linux OS.
- knowledge in Open Source technologies such as OpenBMC, Open RMC, Open Networking Linux (ONL) and ReST API’s
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment
- Good English written/oral communication skills
- Experience with test equipment and traffic generators such as IXIA and Spirent
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Good understanding of white box testing
- Working experience with forwarding/Fabric ASICs of Cisco or other networking vendors.
Requires MSEE/CS combined with 8+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 10+ years of related experience.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.