Senior Software Engineer – DNAC - Java, Microservices, CI/CD (9+ years)
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Senior Software Engineer – DNAC
Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
Who You Are
You are a software engineer who believes in creating customer delight thru simple and easy to use solutions. The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a “take-charge” / “can-do” attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. Successful candidate must be self-sufficient and be able to work with minimal supervision. Work with geographically distributed teams across different time zones.
What You'll Do
- Build high performant, highly scalable, complex and distributed systems – end to end
- Develop simple solutions to address complex problems.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performant code base.
- Bring technical solutions to the leadership team, feedback on solutions recommended, new product ideas with the team through design review, pair programming, code review and tech talk.
- Ability to share technical solutions and product ideas with the broader team through design review, code review, proof-of-concepts and show and tell
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
Who You'll Work With
- Work closely with development, test and with various cross technology teams to design development strategies and plans followed by designing & writing code reflecting the requirements and functionality of the product.
- Work with other functions such as Architects, Product owners/customers, Quality Engineering to help prioritize, define, andimplement features with the right quality.
* Bachelor's degree (or above) in engineering/computer science with an overall work experience of 10+ years.
* Strong experience in Java, Python or other modern programming languages/technologies.
* Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, object oriented Design, SOA architectures
* Experience in building large, asynchronous task systems, scalable distributed systems with good understanding of microservices architecture and associated principles
* Experience of Docker or other configuration management tools
* Hands on experience with RESTful Webservices and Responsive web design patterns.
* Solid Understanding of threads, threading model and concurrent programming
* Extensive hands-on experience building services using these technologies (Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate) including JVM Memory model, Optimizations and fine tuning of JVM
* Experience with relational databases (MySQL/PostGreSQL) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra and MongoDB)
* Good interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent team player.
* Expert in use of standard of SCM tools (Git), CI/CD (Jenkins/Maven etc) process.
* Past experience working in Agile/Scrum environment and standard methodologies like TDD, Code Reviews and owns Automated tests to ensure quality.
* Design and development skills in networking and network management domain (knowledge of TCP/IP, switching, routing), SNMP, CIM/XML a plus.
* Experience of developing in UNIX/Linux Operating System environments
* Expertise in Messaging Systems as Kafka, RabbitMQ
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Digital Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco