Senior Software Engineer - Collaboration Group
Location:Galway, Connacht, Ireland
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
How do you connect with people every day? We all need to connect with people to get our work done. Cisco are uniquely positioned to make it amazing across hardware and software with a leading market position in collaboration. Our next goal is to redefine how people work where communication is at the core of all productive collaboration.
What You'll Do
- We are looking for experienced software engineers to join our team developing Cisco's leading team collaboration Mac and Windows clients. Our products connect people through messaging, calling, video and meetings, via our cloud platform. You will develop products primarily in Modern C++, Cocoa and Swift, and other languages and technologies to support this.
- Do you enjoy working in a dynamic team, with a variety of challenging work, learning something new every day? We offer a very competitive salary based on experience as well as excellent benefits. These positions are in our engineering centre in Galway, Ireland.
Who You'll Work With
- Our product development team brings together product management, user experience design and engineering, a team of industry leaders in developing cloud collaboration technology. As a member of the product team, you will work on a wide variety of features, with product management, UX design and your engineering team to define and build these features, and with customers in early adopter programmes.
Who You Are
You’ll need to have hands-on experience in some or all of the following
- Advanced coding skills in C++, C or Swift (we use Modern C++)
- Developing client applications on Windows or Mac (or a keen interest to learn about client development)
- Using web services
The minimum requirements for the role are:
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and tackle complex problems
- Ability to self-motivate with a strong desire to learn, and ability to be flexible
- Consistent record of learning new technologies and features on own initiative
- A real passion for technology and software development
- Excellent mathematical or scientific qualifications, with a flair for applying scientific approach to problem solving
The following skills would be highly advantageous:
- You have developed with QT or Cocoa
- You build outstanding collaboration tools
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.