Senior Software Engineer, Cloud (DNG Team) - Duo Security
Location:Ann Arbor, Michigan, US
Alternate LocationUS Remote
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Duo Security, now part of Cisco, is the leading multi-factor authentication (MFA) and secure access provider.
Duo + Cisco = Disco!
With the Most Loved Company in Security and the global leader in network technology joining forces, there are more exciting opportunities than ever to be at the forefront of securing the cloud.
Our mission is simple: democratize security by making it easy and effective for everyone. We’re transforming security from the ground up by solving the world’s most pressing geopolitical challenge — safe, secure information access. We engineer our business to enable our customers to easily address their ever-evolving security challenges.
We believe that impactful work is rewarding work and that our team is at its best when everyone feels empowered to bring their whole self to work. We learn together by hiring for cultural contribution, not cultural fit, and recognize that diversity in background and thought are crucial to building high-impact teams.
We invest in growth and learning opportunities and encourage our people to never stop learning. We foster collaboration and believe in being recognized (and rewarded!) for hard work. We champion a healthy work-life balance. We’re kinder than necessary.
Together we build for the future by designing simple solutions for complex problems. And that’s why we’re the most loved and trusted name in security.
What we’ll do together…
Duo Network Gateway allows users to access on-premises websites, web applications, and SSH servers without having to worry about managing VPN credentials, while also adding login security. Our suite of products has over 50,000 customers and we expect to see that number triple within the next five years. As such, we need forward-thinking talent to help us continue developing the best-in-breed platform for Zero Trust, and this person will be well-poised to make a real difference at a time when it is most needed.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work with engineers, designers and product managers to understand their needs and collaborate on technical direction, assist your teammates and communicate progress. You will build, document, extend and maintain the components that make up the DNG product and share ownership for its success.
Skills and qualities you have…
- Served in a hands-on role, where your technical leadership is used to define, architect and implement new solutions
- Experience with Python, Go or a similar modern high-level language where you implemented asynchronous programming patterns resulting in high-quality, performant, and maintainable code
- Proficiency with Linux operating systems and app containerization using Docker
- Experience running production deployments in AWS or similar cloud services
- Appreciation for collaborating with, teaching, and learning from high-performing peers and rallying around achieving a common goal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to inform and influence people of various backgrounds and levels of technical expertise
- Dedication to owning the quality of your output and desire to invent a new network security product
- A good understanding of design patterns that avoid redundancy and promote efficiency, legibility, testability, and maintainability of code
- Experience as a professional software engineer working in teams with a history of shipping successful medium to large applications in a production environment.
- Worked with network-level protocols, and network architecture
- Experience supporting a high-availability SaaS production environment
- Desire to stay up-to-date on the latest security threats facing organizations
- Dedication to build tools with usability in mind, so your work can benefit a wide audience
- Implemented software delivery pipeline processes for CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Delivery)
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.