Senior Software Engineer (Cloud), DNG - Duo Security
Location:Ann Arbor, Michigan, US
Alternate LocationOr US Remote
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
We work hard to make security easy, and we're looking for a full-time Sr. Software Engineer on our Duo Network Gateway Team (DNG) to help us continue developing the best-in-breed platform for Zero Trust.
What You'll Do
- Served in a hands-on role, where your technical leadership is used to define, architect and implement new solutions
- Experience with Python, Go or a similar modern high-level language where you implemented asynchronous programming patterns resulting in high-quality, performant, and maintainable code
- Proficiency with Linux operating systems and app containerization using Docker
- Experience running production deployments in AWS or similar cloud services
- Appreciation for collaborating with, teaching, and learning from high-performing peers and rallying around achieving a common goal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to inform and influence people of various backgrounds and levels of technical expertise
- Dedication to owning the quality of your output and desire to invent a new network security product
- A good understanding of design patterns that avoid redundancy and promote efficiency, legibility, testability, and maintainability of code
- Experience as a professional software engineer working in teams with a history of shipping successful medium to large applications in a production environment
Even better if you have...
- Worked with network-level protocols, and network architecture
- Experience supporting a high-availability SaaS production environment
- Desire to stay up-to-date on the latest security threats facing organizations
- Dedication to build tools with usability in mind, so your work can benefit a wide audience
- Implemented software delivery pipeline processes for CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Delivery)
Areas of product development include:
- Web Proxy development in a technology stack that includes Nginx, Python, Redis, and Golang
Who You'll Work With
Who You Are
Our preferred candidate has worked successfully in one or more of the above areas for another online software company. Experience with security products is a huge plus, as is experience working on B2B and SaaS products, but don't let the lack of those things hold you back... come show us that you're passionate about bringing security to the masses.
This job may not be for you if you:
- Only code alone and aren't willing to mentor and be mentored.
- Stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers
- Lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing
- First instinct is to point out why something can't be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is
- Tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!