Senior Software Engineer - Cisco Digital Network Architecture
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Networking
Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
What you will do
· Develop self-healing operational infrastructure for a new age PaaS
· Define, implement & automate Continuous deployment, Zero-downtime, Rolling update workflows
· Responsible for the management of services:
- Develop the managed services framework: databases, messaging systems, coordination
- Develop a self-update framework to update entire PaaS from cloud
- Manage service clustering for high availability and scale
- Develop an observability framework for monitoring and management
Who You’ll Work With
At Cisco, we build products that enable enterprise react faster to the intelligence derived from data. To do that requires a data centric platform that can receive events from a variety of network appliances, and other event sources, process and provides insights. Cisco’s data platform operates at massive scale processing billions of network events across the enterprise and converting that into actionable insights in real time. Cisco’s data platform team consists of Data Scientists, Data Modelers/Analysts, and Platform engineers collaborating on building the next generation data platform that powers the enterprise. Are you pushing the envelope? Here, you’ll be crafting, implementing, and empowering the world’s best data platform. You’ll lead and collaborate as part of a disruptive software engineering team that is passionate about transforming the networking industry.
Who you are
You have a proven record of crafting and developing high quality software products and should possess the following particular skills and experience:
· A seasoned software engineer with 6-12 years’ experience working as a senior in high impact software development team
· Expert Programming skills with Python
- Go and Java are plus
· Hands on with Ansible
· A thorough understanding of distributed systems and associated protocols
· Hands on with load balancers, multi-tired applications
· Kubernetes practitioner
· Familiarity with ELK, TICK and related stacks
· Linux system development exposure, familiarity with Virtualization, Containers & Microservices.
· Experience in all phases of SW development cycle with good exposure to agile development methodologies
· Has broader system level knowledge, intuitive understanding of system level interactions, performance trade-offs
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.