Senior Software Engineer - Backend/Middleware
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
The Collaboration Technology Group transforms the connections between people and the information they need to share which is essential to better the business. We improve collaboration with technology that empowers people to engage and innovate -- anywhere, on any device.
Within the technology group we are focused on further transforming the technology by weaving in Adaptive Intelligence to be the information superhighway – connecting people, their work, and their physical world together through intelligence, personalization, relationships, and analytics to innovate, attract and retain talent, enable a global, mobile workforce, and engage customers in a more efficient way.
As part of the team acquired by Cisco in 2019, you will work closely with other motivated and hardworking engineers to deliver industry-leading AI capabilities to millions of users world-wide.
- High energy with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Great teammate in a high-performing environment
- You don’t take ‘no’ for an answer, and you are always curious and inquisitive
- You love to experiment and have no ego
- You are creative, empathetic, and keep up with the latest technologies
- You are data driven and organized
- Bachelor's or in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8+ years relevant software development experience
- Experience in developing REST-based APIs in a cloud-based environment
- Experience in developing production-quality Java applications using the Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Security, Maven)
Would be great if you have
- Experience working on a high-scale, global, application
- A strong interest in AI
- Experience working in a container-based environment running under Linux (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Logstash, Kibana and Elastic Search
- Experience in processing audio streams
- Exposure to authentication and authorization protocols using SSO, OAUTH and/or Open Id authentication mechanisms
- Experience with Postgres, Cassandra, Redis, Kafka and other open-source related infrastructure technologies
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.