Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestService Provider
What You'll Do?
You will play a key role on a next generation Service Provider Network Automation Infrastructure team, as a Software Engineer, working in a fast pace environment, developing Cisco's Network Automation Infrastructure Software/Solution with high scalability, performance, openness/extensibility and quality. You will have an opportunity to work well with various development teams across Cisco and drive the development features from concepts to reality. Additional responsibilities include defining API's, working on code reviews, code merges, static analysis etc. Innovation, thinking creatively and meaningful the status quo are helpful.
You will collaborate with multiple Cisco Technology Groups and work cross functionally with Product and Program Management, Engineering teams, Quality Assurance Teams, etc. You should have proven hands-on experience developing software with Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Provide technical leadership in developing high scale infrastructure that champion onbox/offbox applications.
- Architect/design and develop an ecosystem around Streaming Telemetry.
- Work in a startup like environment and co-develop software with some of the largest SP customers in the world.
- Develop automated tests to implement the software modules.
- Conduct and participate in peer design/code reviews.
- Deliver functional/design specifications.
Who You'll Work With?
You will work with the Service Provider Network Automation team.
Streaming Telemetry enables unprecedented levels of visibility into the network and transforms network monitoring into a big-data problem. It opens up new capabilities like near realtime traffic engineering, fault detection/prediction and automated remediation. Service Provider Network Automation team's mission is to harness the platforms and tools available today to transform network data into network intelligence and address key customer pain points by enabling Network Change automation and KPI monitoring. The rollout of 5G infrastructure by the SPs in a large scale would demonstrate this infrastructure.
You will work with a team of very best-in-class engineers who have between them tens of years of experience. You will also socialize with other groups as product management, marketing, sales, customer support, advanced services. These groups will engage with you to seek mentorship on features, design, and help with answering technical questions. You will also get mentorship from them that will help you design good software in tune with customer expectations
Who You Are?
You should meet these requirements.
- 8+ years of work experience in software development.
- Proficient in Java/Go.
- Experience with RESTful API’s, HTML, XML, JSON encoding, GPB (Google protocol buffers)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Git, Jenkins
- BS degree in CS/EE/CE or technical equivalent.
Meeting these requirements give you an advantage
- Prior experience with time series and Graph databases (Prometheus, Neo4j)
- Experience working with Virtualization technologies like VMware/Openstack
- Linux Containers/Docker
- Micro-services infrastructure
- Postgres, Kafka, RabitMQ
- Familiarity with Networking Concepts
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.