Senior Software Engineer, Android Full Stack
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
For the past 10 years, Meraki has had a singular focus on making IT simple yet powerful. However, a key part of an IT team's toolbox is making networks intuitive to setup and manage. Essential to achieving this goal is simplifying the world of Mobile Device Management as our world becomes an increasingly mobile place. Our Systems Manager development team is dedicated to achieving this simplicity by streamlining the control of devices at an enterprise level. We work as a small and lean team, and wear many hats.
Meraki’s engineering culture is one of innovation and ownership. You will have a strong hand in not just building the technology, but also defining what we should be building. As a Senior Android Full Stack Engineer, you will work on building apps that facilitate management, inventory, and policy enforcement on both company and personally owned Android devices. These apps have both user facing features and background services to talk to the Meraki cloud, so you will have the opportunity to work anywhere from pixel perfect front ends to high performance backend algorithms. Your work will run on hundreds of thousands of devices and you will have the ownership to impact customers who touch this tool on a global level.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Android Full Stack, you will:
- Design, develop, own, and maintain large areas of our Android codebase along with the web components the app relies on. You will own features that span our entire technology stack: from the front-end web interface, to our backend infrastructure, to our mobile app.
- Integrate third-party APIs from various platform vendors (Google, Apple, Microsoft) that will be used by our Android app as well as apps on other platforms.
- Use your expertise to make decisions on what tools and technologies we use as well as how we use them.
- Mentor junior developers on Android best practices, common pitfalls, and good design patterns.
- Collaborate with product and sales teams to plan and build new Systems Manager tools and features.
You are ideal candidate if:
- You have 5+ years of experience writing professional production code, with 3+ years of native Android app development experience.
- You have experience shipping one or more mobile apps that is currently available on the Google Play Store (please provide links when applying).
- You have experience working with large scale web applications using a modern framework.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You aren’t afraid of rolling your sleeves up and working in all layers of the stack.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Experience developing native iOS applications or cross platform applications (React Native, Cordova, Flutter, etc.)
- Familiarity with networking protocols or MDM/EMM solutions
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.